Some of you may have seen me on the VINUBIS Video Editor for WordPress Youtube Channel doing some crazy WordCamp interviews. This work is part of thecplab collaboration with VINUBIS. If you have not had the chance to see any of these interviews, here’s a little making-of made at WCCBUS. Just for the fun 😉
The lovely VINUBIS team, that I met back at WCEU in Vienna, is based in Germany. Besides our meetings in Toronto in August and Sicily, in September, my work for them, has been mainly remote. Since our partnership got better and better, time had come, for the digital nomad that I am, to give VINUBIS a visit in their homeland.
Even though the headquarter of VINUBIS is in Munich – yes they are Bavarians! – they do have a base in the German capital and I was kindly invited by the CEO, Florian Gottschall, to come to work with him for some time in Berlin.
I took his invitation very seriously and here I am, catching a night train, this evening, from Paris Gare de l’Est, to arrive tomorrow am at Berlin Hauptbahnhof. Love traveling with night trains.
I’ll stay there until November 17th, time to flight to the US to attend WCBalt. Two weeks later, early December, some of the VINUBIS team, Florian, Miriam and Robert, will join me in Philadelphia for THE WordCamp we are all waiting for one year! The national WCUS.
Until then, I’ll be a busy digital nomad lost in Berlin. Here’s what’s on my calendar:
- Work hard with the VINUBIS team to keep on running their social media channels and prepare our visit to WCBalt and WCUS.
- Attend the Berlin WP meetup to meet with the local WordPress community.
- Learn German: I applied for a 2-week course at Alpadia.
- Visit the best libraries and coffee shops of Berlin.
- Finish and submit to the WordPress Theme Directory my next Theme. After the success of IAMSocial, I am working on a new one, I’ll post more about this project soon.
- Have fun.
I have a little less than one month to do all this and enjoy the city. Ich bin so aufgeregt!